Sunday 13 April 2008

Another week at work looming

It's Sunday, and I'm staring down the barrel of another week in a classroom at BA. Three more weeks of training and then it will be a life of six days on, three days off. It's all so exciting isn't it. Actually I don't know why I'm starting off on this note, because I'm not in a bad mood. Anyway, there you go.

Yeah, so the early starts are probably going mean that I'm going to miss some good fun with the boys this week. There's a Pro Evo tournament scheduled for Wednesday which will be a guaranteed great night. Then there'll be more darts betting on Thursday which will also be a shame to miss, but I just know that if I go along and put my money in then the bet will lose. So that leaves me living like a hermit during the week, and having to come up for air at the weekend and hope that something is going on. It's been ok so far, so hopefully that can continue. God knows what will happen when I start working shifts, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway... yesterday I ended up not going to that party but going to Rayners Lane for drinks with Daz, Al, Gary and Tom. The highlight/lowlight was a fight breaking out in the pub, where a couple of chavs got smashed by a larger group of guys. It broke out near the bar and moved all over the pub, before ending near our table when one of the chavs got layed out. At one point I thought they were actually going to spill over our table, and we all stood up getting ready to take evasive action. Thankfully it didn't, but it still got all our adrenaline running. We soon left to go somewhere else, but came to the conclusion that Rayners Lane is a shithole and gave up. I got a kebab with Daz and saw an ambulance and police van outside the pub on our way back past. Nice area.

Well, that's all for now folks. Thanks for reading.

No comments: